Get Married at Island Farm
Our large 400-year old live oak tree at Island Farm provides a beautiful location for a wedding. Wedding ceremonies at Island Farm are held exclusively in this area, tucked away from the bustle of daily farm activities. We are happy to accommodate ceremonies up to 100 people. At this time, Island Farm is available for ceremonies only.
Your wedding reservation includes admission to the farm property for you and your guests. We are happy to accommodate ceremonies up to 100 people. A fee of $500 is required in order to book a wedding for 50 or fewer participants; the fee for additional guests is $6 each.
Curious if the farm is available for your day?
Things to Keep in Mind
- We ask that the ceremony take place in a designated area of the Farm, within the area of the Etheridge Live Oak.
- All equipment logistics (this includes set-up and take-down of chairs, decor etc.) should take place on the day of the wedding.
- Chairs, decor and other supplies may be delivered to the site from the Etheridge Graveyard on Etheridge Road where short-term parking is available during loading and unloading.
- The wedding party and guests may park at the Visitor Center.
- Bird seed may be used however rice, confetti or other materials are prohibited to protect the safety of our Farm chickens.
- We do not allow nails, tacks or tape on any of our trees, as these items could damage them.
- Portable music or small ensembles are allowed, as outlined within the terms of the Wedding Ceremony Agreement.
- Our staff makes every effort to maintain a tidy site, but the ceremony site is provided “as is.”
- During the ceremony, at least one member of Island Farm staff will be present on-site
- Motorized vehicles are limited to paved roads, the shoulders of paved roads and gravel parking areas.
- Restrooms are available at the Visitors Center, but if used during business hours, may not be used for an extended period of time, as a dressing room.
- Guests are welcome to visit the entire historic Farm during before and after the ceremony.
- Island Farm can accommodate ceremonies up to 100 participants.
Wedding Ceremony Agreement
Dare County Register of Deeds can provide information about a marriage license. They can be reached at 252.475.5970