Get Married at Currituck Beach Lighthouse
We are happy to accommodate wedding ceremonies for up to 150 guests. Because of staff capacity and the size of our historic site, we are unable to host receptions. Your wedding reservation includes admission to the lighthouse property for you and your guests. A fee of $500 is required in order to book a wedding ceremony on-site.
Curious if the grounds are available for your day?
Things to Keep in Mind
- We ask that the ceremony take place between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.; the lighthouse and grounds will remain open to the public.
- Ceremonies must take place in the southwest corner of the site.
- All equipment logistics (this includes set-up and take-down of chairs, decor, etc.) should take place on the day of the wedding.
- Arrangement for chairs, tables, tents, and decorations is the responsibility of the Lessee.
- Birdseed and flower petals may be used, however tossing rice, confetti, or other materials is prohibited.
- Portable music or small ensembles are allowed, as outlined within the terms of the Wedding Ceremony Agreement.
- During the ceremony, at least one member of the Lighthouse staff will be present on-site.
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited within the fenced compound.
- Regular admissions and suggested donations apply to guests who wish to climb the lighthouse.
- In the case of inclement weather that prohibits the ceremony from taking place on-site, many couples choose to use their reception site as a backup location.
Wedding Ceremony Agreement
The local magistrate is eligible to conduct wedding ceremonies and can be reached by calling Currituck Dispatch at (252) 232-2913, though the couple may use any officiant of their choosing. Currituck County Register of Deeds can provide information about a marriage license at (252) 232-3297.
We Want Your Photos
Did you get married here? Perhaps engaged? Or, did you just simply fall in love here? Share your photos with us and agree to let us use them on our website!
More Questions About a Wedding?
Contact our Site Manager